The City of Springfield is asking the community to participate in the development of basic concept designs for the Grant Avenue Parkway corridor improvement project and corridor plan
A Virtual Concept Development Event was held Thursday, Nov. 19. Participating residents and stakeholders were walked through a series of four basic design options created using feedback gathered during the public visioning phase in September. The public is encouraged to continue to provide feedback on the preliminary concept options through December 3.
Corridor Planning Events
As an integral part of the development of the city’s Comprehensive Plan update, city staff is also working closely with Forward SGF planning consultants Houseal Lavigne to develop a targeted plan for the Grant Avenue corridor.
“In addition to the parkway design, we have been evaluating development opportunities, complimentary building types and related improvements along Grant Avenue. We plan to share some of our progress and listen for feedback from the public in the months to come, as we work to bring it all together,” added Principal Planner for the City of Springfield Randall Whitman. “This is an interim stage in an overall planning study of the Grant Avenue corridor.”
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Another round of public engagement is coming in early 2021. Sign up for our mailing list for notifications.
- Nov. 19: City-Wide Virtual Concept Development Event
- Oct. 23: Technical Advisory Team
- Oct. 15: Community Advisory Team
- Sep. 23: Fassnight Neighborhood | Presentation & Results (PDF)
- Sep. 17: Downtown | Presentation & Results (PDF)
- Sep. 9: West Central Neighborhood | Presentation & Results (PDF)
- Sep. 3: GAP Community Engagement Kickoff | Presentation & Results (PDF)